Thursday, June 25, 2015

Dad, you're a nicer person without your iPhone

As parents, do we find ourselves in situations where we are physically with our families but not present? The following is an interesting article, that makes you think.

http://www.iphonematters.com/
Full article  (resistanceandrenewal.net)

Quotes:

"I had probably (but can’t exactly remember) been sucked into twitter when he asked again, this time more insistently. ‘Dad, can you answer me?’ This time I snapped back: ‘Look, can’t you see I am busy? Let me just finish this’.
He was quiet – and then replied evenly:
‘Dad, you’re a nicer person without your iPhone.’

"And it is a reminder to me of listening to the right voices. Adults can easily assume that children don’t really have much to say to us – this is why children get patronized and fobbed off with distracted answers. But I need to remember that anything my son is saying to me is always more important than anything I can read on twitter. "

No comments:

Post a Comment