Thursday, August 2, 2018

Getting around Seoul



Last year when I first arrived in Seoul, I downloaded the following apps to help me get around...


(Photo by diGital Sennin on Unsplash)

Apps to get you around Seoul: City Mapper, Subway Korea, Kakao Taxi and the SFS Vehicle Checkout System



City Mapper is a good way to compare travel time and route options for subway vs. bus vs. driving. It's my "go to" for bus travel.


If you decide to take the subway, "Subway Korea" is your best option.





KakaoT is for taxis.



But let's be honest, even though they were on my phone, it took at least a month to start using them, partially because I was so busy adjusting to a new school, but also because I was too lazy to use them when I could follow people who knew where they were going. So, when you're ready to head out on your own, here are some tutorials.

Here's a quick demo of City Mapper and Subway Korea.


KakaoT
I know many SFS staff use Kakao Taxi (apparently KakaoT now because it includes other types of transport), but I usually stick with my BMW (bus, metro, walk), so I'm not the best person to ask about this service. This vid is from 2017, but apparently there have been some updates, and more of the app is in English. If anyone has a better tutorial (or wants to make one 😍), post the link in the comments, or shoot us an email and we'll swap it out for this one.


How can I check out an SFS Vehicle? 


How do you get around Seoul? If you have any other apps or helpful hints, add a link in the comments or email dlc@seoulforeign.org

If online tutorials aren't for you and you want help in real life, come see a digital learning coach. We would love to help you with this, and to meet you if you are new!





No comments:

Post a Comment