Tuesday, April 16, 2019

TECH TIP – BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER

image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lachlanhardy/

It’s that time of year when people are upgrading computers, switching computers, or leaving SFS (sniff sniff). This is a great time to think about backing up your files.
Here’s the simplest way to backup your files on a Windows computer:
1. Get an external hard drive like this one for around 100,000 KRW.
2. Plug it in to your Windows computer.
3. Choose “Use this Drive to Backup my Computer” from the window that automatically pops up and follow the steps.
Here’s the simplest way to backup your files on a Mac:
1. Get an external hard drive like this one for 100,000 KRW.
2. Plug it into your Mac.
3. When prompted “Do you want to use “Name of Hard Drive” to back up with Time Machine?” choose “Use as Backup Disk”. 
***I also personally use an online backup system that backs up my entire computer (plus any external hard drives I have attached). This costs around USD 50 per year but I know even if jump into the pool with my laptop (and backup drive;-) or my house burns down I will have my files available to me. The one I like to use is called Carbonite. You just install it and forget about it. Easy.
***Remember that if you use the Google Drive app for Windows or Mac all files you store in your Google Drive folder are automatically backed up. And you have UNLIMITED storage with Google Drive.
Don’t put it off. Backup your files today!

No comments:

Post a Comment